One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not containing stuffing.
- ‘Since he had to remain in shape for his photo sessions, his family prepared two turkeys: one richly seasoned and another salt-free and unstuffed for their Russian guest.’
- ‘The ballot boxes remained unstuffed and un-tampered-with.’
- ‘A stuffed turkey may be traditional, but it carries a slightly higher risk of incubating harmful bacteria than an unstuffed one; moist dressing in a warm cavity is bacteria's ideal growth environment.’
- ‘Inside, the mounted menagerie includes a duck, a pheasant, a raccoon, a brown bear and a two-headed calf, who are kept company by three unstuffed but very old cats.’
- ‘Even unstuffed, potato like, hollow waplaj was worth something.’
- ‘What was wrong with the old-fashioned, crusty, unstuffed pizza crust?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.