One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of schoolchildren, a class, or a school) not arranged in streams.‘an unstreamed class’
- ‘Julia was time tabled to take Norma's unstreamed year 8 class for English first period.’
- ‘In my experience of teaching in both streamed and unstreamed situations over 35 years, it is not necessarily the actual streaming that does the harm, but the wrong teacher for the group.’
- ‘But for the last 35 years the schools have been open to all, free and unstreamed.’
- ‘It has also been used in modified form for unstreamed Year 9 and Year 10 classes.’
- ‘The advanced students in the streamed schools did do better than those in unstreamed schools, but the low stream did worse.’
- ‘Best practice means a mix of unstreamed classes and an uncompetitive atmosphere.’
- ‘We taught in unstreamed groups (that is, the kids weren't divided into classes according to ability), so, I arrogantly felt, the results would be proof perfect of the greater effectiveness of modern teaching methods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.