Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not sterile or sterilized.‘unsterile needles’
- ‘Unless the circulating nurse is in a sterile gown, the instrument tray can be contaminated by unsterile clothing.’
- ‘Panicky use of unsterile needles may transmit HIV, hepatitis C, or other infections.’
- ‘I always have been taught that the back of the gown is considered unsterile and that personnel in sterile attire should not have their back to sterile supplies or fields.’
- ‘The surgeon and circulating nurse place an unsterile U-shaped drape before the prep to isolate the perineal area from the surgical site.’
- ‘He believes that AIDS may have its origin in unsterile hypodermic needles and antibiotics.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.