One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not sterile or sterilized.‘unsterile needles’
- ‘The surgeon and circulating nurse place an unsterile U-shaped drape before the prep to isolate the perineal area from the surgical site.’
- ‘He believes that AIDS may have its origin in unsterile hypodermic needles and antibiotics.’
- ‘Unless the circulating nurse is in a sterile gown, the instrument tray can be contaminated by unsterile clothing.’
- ‘I always have been taught that the back of the gown is considered unsterile and that personnel in sterile attire should not have their back to sterile supplies or fields.’
- ‘Panicky use of unsterile needles may transmit HIV, hepatitis C, or other infections.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.