One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lacking energy, enthusiasm, or determination.‘they remain one of the league's most passive and unspirited teams’
tedious, dull, monotonousView synonyms
- ‘Epton mounted an unspirited campaign for the nomination.’
- ‘What is more advantageous to the party: an unspirited, or a sincerely believing person?’
- ‘All of the games are likely to be unexciting, unspirited contests.’
- ‘If the people are unspirited in the city, they will be unspirited in battle.’
- ‘It was a particularly unspirited time for the Anglican church in Sydney.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.