Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Undo the soldering of.
- ‘Unsoldering the battery incorrectly may damage your motherboard and other components.’
- ‘According to the fellow's site, unsoldering the jumpers and reapplying them to different resistors changes the clock speed on the processor by adjusting the board's clock multiplier.’
- ‘The old pickups were unsoldered and the new pickups glued to the plate, a process that went just fine.’
- ‘The new transistors are exactly the same as the dead ones, so it was just a matter of unsoldering the old ones and replacing them.’
- ‘Now move to the bottom, and remove the tripod mount, and unsolder the black wire you can see at the middle of this board.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.