One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of fabric, paper, or a wall) not treated with size.See size
- ‘Rice paper that has been left unsized has not been coated, so it is more absorbent.’
- ‘No distinction can be made between unsized yarn and sized yarn, for the unsized yarn when converted into sized yarn does not lose its character as yarn.’
- ‘A document handwritten with a special ink would be placed against a dampened, unsized sheet of paper and both would be squeezed in a copying press; the pressure transferred some of the document's ink onto the blank sheet.’
- ‘This occurs more often on unsized papers, but can occur on sized papers as well, when pigment is used in excess.’
- ‘Dissolve the cobalt in the water and add the sugar, saturate unsized paper in the solution, and hang up to dry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.