One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not showing the support and affection which is thought to be characteristic of a sister.‘it is most unsisterly of me to juxtapose these two photographs’
- ‘This is unsisterly and unforgivable, and actually counter-productive.’
- ‘Her unsisterly sharpness to her youngest sister Amy, for example, causes Amy to burn the volume of tales she had been working on.’
- ‘The hardest thing to understand about Nancy is her unsisterly treatment of Diana.’
- ‘I know I sound unsisterly, but remember, poaching is not the same as, er, sharing.’
- ‘What of Anni's unsisterly remark, during the European championships, that she, Claudia, had deliberately feigned illness?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.