One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not showing the support and affection which is thought to be characteristic of a sister.‘it is most unsisterly of me to juxtapose these two photographs’
- ‘The hardest thing to understand about Nancy is her unsisterly treatment of Diana.’
- ‘I know I sound unsisterly, but remember, poaching is not the same as, er, sharing.’
- ‘Her unsisterly sharpness to her youngest sister Amy, for example, causes Amy to burn the volume of tales she had been working on.’
- ‘What of Anni's unsisterly remark, during the European championships, that she, Claudia, had deliberately feigned illness?’
- ‘This is unsisterly and unforgivable, and actually counter-productive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.