Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Not sharp; dull or blunt.‘a very soft and unsharp brown pencil’
(of a picture or image) not well defined.‘unsharp, fuzzy photos’
- ‘See my image editing article for more information on sharpening and unsharp mask.’
- ‘The book is printed in hardcover with an attractive layout and cover, but the illustrations are terribly muddy and unsharp.’
- ‘One handed shooting is lazy and you will always run the risk of unsharp shots!’
- ‘Here is a tip for sharpening with the unsharp mask filter.’
- ‘You may notice that the entire image has the unsharp mask applied to it beforehand.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.