One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘La Candelaria is full of beautiful Spanish colonial houses in glorious colours with ornate iron balconies, great lavish wooden doors and rather unsettlingly life-like copper statues.’
- ‘Carol's accusations are paranoid, exaggerated and ruinously unfair; but the play's genius is that her analysis of the smug patriarchy that frustrates her is unsettlingly acute.’
- ‘There is something unsettlingly mysterious about his art.’
- ‘I would be eerily, even unsettlingly, quiet and orderly.’
- ‘Nothing of major value is missing, but unsettlingly enough, my birth cert and some passport photos were taken.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.