One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Carol's accusations are paranoid, exaggerated and ruinously unfair; but the play's genius is that her analysis of the smug patriarchy that frustrates her is unsettlingly acute.’
- ‘Nothing of major value is missing, but unsettlingly enough, my birth cert and some passport photos were taken.’
- ‘There is something unsettlingly mysterious about his art.’
- ‘La Candelaria is full of beautiful Spanish colonial houses in glorious colours with ornate iron balconies, great lavish wooden doors and rather unsettlingly life-like copper statues.’
- ‘I would be eerily, even unsettlingly, quiet and orderly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.