One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Not once had this elder, who I'd talked with numerous times, ever tried to talk with me and mention this in a manner that indicated discomfort or unsettlement on her part.’
- ‘A council spokesman added: ‘There are many areas of the town where the parking and traffic problem is a major source of tension and unsettlement.’’
- ‘The behind-the-scenes unsettlement has already had a serious effect on the on-pitch performance of the Brewers, who have lost every single game since the move was announced.’
- ‘But that unsettlement is unconscious - you naturally don't like the idea of a killer on the loose, and though it's tangential and seemingly unrelated, the concepts are stuck in the back of your mind.’
- ‘Moreover, the coining of the term ‘information society’ seems to give some intellectual order to the confusion and unsettlement caused by what appears as an unusually rapid period of change.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.