Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Cancel the selection of.
- ‘A word of warning: don't unselect any of the default selections from this list - things tend to come out muddled as a result.’
- ‘Add to or modify your selection (clicking on a selected vector will unselect it) to try to get rid of all the red ones.’
- ‘In the View Options unselect everything except ‘Year’.’
- ‘To unselect them, just left-click once in the root window.’
- ‘Not only that, but they took little five-minute breaks between each songs, carefully selecting, unselecting and reselecting which instruments they would play for the next song and discussing it all terribly intently.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.