Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not divided into segments.
- ‘Flatworms are unsegmented, bilaterally symmetrical worms that lack a coelom but that do have three germ layers.’
- ‘The developmental mode of polychaetes is characterized by the production at hatching of an initially unsegmented trochophore larva.’
- ‘To gain a more accurate understanding of the segmented or unsegmented nature of these four taxa, two types of data must be gathered.’
- ‘The fin rays sprouting from the ends are also unique in having a long, stiff unsegmented basal area.’
- ‘These unsegmented worms have been found in Cambrian rocks, such as the legendary Burgess Shale.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.