One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘No,’ I said, reaching unseeingly towards the direction of her voice, trying to keep her from leaving.’
- ‘She stared unseeingly at the far wall and sighed.’
- ‘He gazes unseeingly off to the right, his huge head causing the suspicion that something is terribly out of kilter, even though the boy is suffused in a lovely yellow-gold light.’
- ‘He didn't seem to notice her awkwardness as he busied himself at the kitchen, while her eyes roamed around the room, staring unseeingly at a faded gray couch that faced a small television.’
- ‘Although looking straight at the camera, he seems to be gazing beyond it, staring unseeingly into infinity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.