One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not searched or examined.‘more than half of the grounds were still unsearched’
- ‘No women soldiers were operating the checkpoint that day, so she was able to pass through unsearched.’
- ‘I believe this is the last part of the manor that lays unsearched, is it not?’
- ‘I, for one, will always choose my auto for traveling the country rather than flying simply because I appreciate my American right to come and go at will unsearched.’
- ‘It seemed odd that they would want my picture when I had gone to all the trouble of turning up in person, but once I had produced it I was allowed to carry my unsearched bags straight on to the express.’
- ‘There are a thousand rocks unturned and millions of haystacks unsearched.’
- ‘From here back, I'd estimate 100 to 150 homes that are still unsearched.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.