One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The degree of unsaturation of fatty acids has been shown to influence several of these steps, at least in mammals.’
- ‘Qualitative changes in the levels of fatty acids also occur with cold acclimation, leading to unsaturation of the fatty acids and subsequent protection of plant membranes against freezing stress.’
- ‘The current work shows that lipid asymmetry and unsaturation both result in high critical pressures in monolayers.’
- ‘The color of a dye is due to its ability to absorb light in the visible region of the spectrum, an ability enhanced by unsaturation (presence of double bonds in the molecule) and resonance.’
- ‘The lipids in poultry exhibit a higher degree of unsaturation than red meats due to a relatively high content of phospholipids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.