One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not sanctified.‘the body was unsanctified’
non-religious, lay, non-church, temporal, worldly, earthly, profaneView synonyms
- ‘My friend, Mr. Webster puts it this way: Profane1: Not being concerned with religion or religious purposes, secular 2: Not Holy because unconsecrated, impure, or unsanctified 3: Serving to defile what is Holy.’
- ‘I would guess that what Eliot is thinking about here is her own unsanctified union with G. H. Lewes.’
- ‘For a moment, I thought that ordinary, unsanctified citizens might be able to take a look at the decision-making processes of the Godly!’
- ‘I check the cost of one and vow to remain unsanctified.’
- ‘It is their intellect which, being unsanctified, has led them astray.’
- ‘When a plague outbreak became really severe it was sometimes necessary to bury the dead in unsanctified ground.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.