One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not sanctified.‘the body was unsanctified’
non-religious, lay, non-church, temporal, worldly, earthly, profaneView synonyms
- ‘It is their intellect which, being unsanctified, has led them astray.’
- ‘For a moment, I thought that ordinary, unsanctified citizens might be able to take a look at the decision-making processes of the Godly!’
- ‘I would guess that what Eliot is thinking about here is her own unsanctified union with G. H. Lewes.’
- ‘I check the cost of one and vow to remain unsanctified.’
- ‘When a plague outbreak became really severe it was sometimes necessary to bury the dead in unsanctified ground.’
- ‘My friend, Mr. Webster puts it this way: Profane1: Not being concerned with religion or religious purposes, secular 2: Not Holy because unconsecrated, impure, or unsanctified 3: Serving to defile what is Holy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.