One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Remove the saddle from (a horse).
- ‘I unsaddled the horse and tied it near lots of grass.’
- ‘Tracey unsaddled his horse, all the while thinking.’
- ‘Thankfully, no one had unsaddled their horses because a moment later, the officers came galloping back in haste.’
- ‘We got back to barn, unsaddled and groomed our horses, and then went upstairs to clean up and change clothes.’
- ‘As she walked her horse into the stable I followed, she walked her horse in and unsaddled it and offered me a brush.’
- ‘Inside stood a single man unsaddling his horse.’
- ‘Next, the horses are unsaddled and judged at halter in ranch conformation.’
- ‘‘A pretty story,’ he said flippantly as he unsaddled his horse and threw saddle and bridle to the ground.’
- ‘The boy did not say a word as they unsaddled the horse in the barn.’
- ‘A piece of lead weight from a saddle had been found dropped on the ground, so all the horses had to be unsaddled and the jockeys reweighed.’
- ‘They reached the stables and each person either began unpacking or unsaddling their horse, and some both.’
- ‘The horses are unsaddled, the Winchesters taken from their scabbards for protection through the night.’
- ‘Jesse returned just as they were unsaddling the horses back at the ranch.’
- ‘She stayed with Reese as he unsaddled the horse, she was surprised when he just slapped it on the rump and let it gallop off, wouldn't it run away?’
- ‘She unsaddled the horse and tied it to a tree where it could graze.’
- ‘I trailed my brother as he unsaddled his horse and hung up the saddle and the tack in the stable.’
- ‘The drover got to work unhitching the oxen, and the horsemen unsaddled their horses and led them to the trees and hobbled them.’
- ‘The blizzard hit while they were unsaddling the horses.’
- ‘Dan patted his horse on the flank and unsaddled it, then took off its bridle.’
- ‘Sullivan unsaddled their horses and dropped the saddles in front of the tent.’
- 1.1 Dislodge (a rider) from a saddle.
- ‘His balance was thrown off, but he was not unsaddled until the horse went about twenty feet more.’
- ‘Emily became unsaddled as her pony made its way from rock ledge to rock ledge.’
- ‘The first knight to charge unsaddled him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.