One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Remove the saddle from (a horse).
- ‘We got back to barn, unsaddled and groomed our horses, and then went upstairs to clean up and change clothes.’
- ‘Tracey unsaddled his horse, all the while thinking.’
- ‘Jesse returned just as they were unsaddling the horses back at the ranch.’
- ‘As she walked her horse into the stable I followed, she walked her horse in and unsaddled it and offered me a brush.’
- ‘‘A pretty story,’ he said flippantly as he unsaddled his horse and threw saddle and bridle to the ground.’
- ‘Thankfully, no one had unsaddled their horses because a moment later, the officers came galloping back in haste.’
- ‘She stayed with Reese as he unsaddled the horse, she was surprised when he just slapped it on the rump and let it gallop off, wouldn't it run away?’
- ‘She unsaddled the horse and tied it to a tree where it could graze.’
- ‘I trailed my brother as he unsaddled his horse and hung up the saddle and the tack in the stable.’
- ‘A piece of lead weight from a saddle had been found dropped on the ground, so all the horses had to be unsaddled and the jockeys reweighed.’
- ‘I unsaddled the horse and tied it near lots of grass.’
- ‘The boy did not say a word as they unsaddled the horse in the barn.’
- ‘They reached the stables and each person either began unpacking or unsaddling their horse, and some both.’
- ‘Dan patted his horse on the flank and unsaddled it, then took off its bridle.’
- ‘Next, the horses are unsaddled and judged at halter in ranch conformation.’
- ‘Sullivan unsaddled their horses and dropped the saddles in front of the tent.’
- ‘Inside stood a single man unsaddling his horse.’
- ‘The drover got to work unhitching the oxen, and the horsemen unsaddled their horses and led them to the trees and hobbled them.’
- ‘The blizzard hit while they were unsaddling the horses.’
- ‘The horses are unsaddled, the Winchesters taken from their scabbards for protection through the night.’
- 1.1 Dislodge (a rider) from a saddle.
- ‘Emily became unsaddled as her pony made its way from rock ledge to rock ledge.’
- ‘The first knight to charge unsaddled him.’
- ‘His balance was thrown off, but he was not unsaddled until the horse went about twenty feet more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.