One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Remove the saddle from (a horse).
- ‘Jesse returned just as they were unsaddling the horses back at the ranch.’
- ‘She stayed with Reese as he unsaddled the horse, she was surprised when he just slapped it on the rump and let it gallop off, wouldn't it run away?’
- ‘The blizzard hit while they were unsaddling the horses.’
- ‘Thankfully, no one had unsaddled their horses because a moment later, the officers came galloping back in haste.’
- ‘Inside stood a single man unsaddling his horse.’
- ‘Sullivan unsaddled their horses and dropped the saddles in front of the tent.’
- ‘I trailed my brother as he unsaddled his horse and hung up the saddle and the tack in the stable.’
- ‘A piece of lead weight from a saddle had been found dropped on the ground, so all the horses had to be unsaddled and the jockeys reweighed.’
- ‘Dan patted his horse on the flank and unsaddled it, then took off its bridle.’
- ‘As she walked her horse into the stable I followed, she walked her horse in and unsaddled it and offered me a brush.’
- ‘Tracey unsaddled his horse, all the while thinking.’
- ‘I unsaddled the horse and tied it near lots of grass.’
- ‘The horses are unsaddled, the Winchesters taken from their scabbards for protection through the night.’
- ‘They reached the stables and each person either began unpacking or unsaddling their horse, and some both.’
- ‘Next, the horses are unsaddled and judged at halter in ranch conformation.’
- ‘We got back to barn, unsaddled and groomed our horses, and then went upstairs to clean up and change clothes.’
- ‘‘A pretty story,’ he said flippantly as he unsaddled his horse and threw saddle and bridle to the ground.’
- ‘The drover got to work unhitching the oxen, and the horsemen unsaddled their horses and led them to the trees and hobbled them.’
- ‘She unsaddled the horse and tied it to a tree where it could graze.’
- ‘The boy did not say a word as they unsaddled the horse in the barn.’
- 1.1 Dislodge (a rider) from a saddle.
- ‘The first knight to charge unsaddled him.’
- ‘Emily became unsaddled as her pony made its way from rock ledge to rock ledge.’
- ‘His balance was thrown off, but he was not unsaddled until the horse went about twenty feet more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.