One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characterized by an absence of haste; unhurried.‘the service is unrushed, encouraging you to linger’‘he seemed to have a controlled, unrushed way of moving’
- ‘Diners have discovered this wonderfully old-fashioned Italian restaurant, which still operates in yesteryear's formal yet friendly European style, delivering unrushed service from a gracious, attentive staff.’
- ‘The unrushed tempo of the toccata-like Vivace final movement allowed Ohlsson to tap into the deep well of sound few pianists are able to access.’
- ‘It's almost impossible to describe their unforced exactness, their unrushed economy.’
- ‘Jane has one of the best unrushed swings from a junior I have ever seen.’
- ‘The tea master was apparently very charming and unrushed.’
- ‘Riga makes for the perfect stag/hen weekend away and offers you an unrushed, clean, green and affordable alternative to Amsterdam.’
- ‘This charming little Costa Rican kitchen cooks up homey fare in an unrushed atmosphere, with friendly service and a karaoke machine to boot.’
- ‘The waiters are attentive and unrushed.’
- ‘The great thing about the holiday was that at all times we felt unrushed.’
- ‘The treatments at the Ocean Breeze health suite are exceptional, combined with the unrushed Cornish attitude.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.