One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characterized by an absence of haste; unhurried.‘the service is unrushed, encouraging you to linger’‘he seemed to have a controlled, unrushed way of moving’
- ‘The tea master was apparently very charming and unrushed.’
- ‘It's almost impossible to describe their unforced exactness, their unrushed economy.’
- ‘Jane has one of the best unrushed swings from a junior I have ever seen.’
- ‘The unrushed tempo of the toccata-like Vivace final movement allowed Ohlsson to tap into the deep well of sound few pianists are able to access.’
- ‘Riga makes for the perfect stag/hen weekend away and offers you an unrushed, clean, green and affordable alternative to Amsterdam.’
- ‘The waiters are attentive and unrushed.’
- ‘This charming little Costa Rican kitchen cooks up homey fare in an unrushed atmosphere, with friendly service and a karaoke machine to boot.’
- ‘Diners have discovered this wonderfully old-fashioned Italian restaurant, which still operates in yesteryear's formal yet friendly European style, delivering unrushed service from a gracious, attentive staff.’
- ‘The treatments at the Ocean Breeze health suite are exceptional, combined with the unrushed Cornish attitude.’
- ‘The great thing about the holiday was that at all times we felt unrushed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.