One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1literary Not ruled, governed, or under control.‘men with passions unruled’
- ‘Hmm… it says here that the only way to the next unruled area is through Taroh's Land, home of the Taroh.’
- ‘It was forbidden by the colonial government to start missionary activities in unruled areas.’
- ‘For years he and his companions had lorded over the unruled people of the south.’
- ‘Where is the easiest route to unruled land from our current position?’
2(of paper) not having ruled lines.
- ‘Use white, unruled A4 paper of good quality.’
- ‘She never was able to write neatly on a ruled paper, but this changed when she wrote on unruled paper.’
- ‘All writing tasks were accomplished on unruled paper.’
- ‘Draw diagrams on separate pages of unruled paper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.