Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Detach oneself from a rope.‘unroped soloing enables one to climb faster’
- ‘The two climbed much of the way unroped, because roping would have slowed them down.’
- ‘I was tempted to unrope and go at my own pace, but there were still crevasses in the area.’
- ‘Participants must be experienced and comfortable climbing unroped with moderate exposure.’
- ‘They began their assault at four in the morning, climbing unroped on separate paths - simultaneous solos.’
- ‘Half the people killed rock-climbing in the park were unroped.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.