Detach oneself from a rope.‘unroped soloing enables one to climb faster’
- ‘Half the people killed rock-climbing in the park were unroped.’
- ‘The two climbed much of the way unroped, because roping would have slowed them down.’
- ‘I was tempted to unrope and go at my own pace, but there were still crevasses in the area.’
- ‘They began their assault at four in the morning, climbing unroped on separate paths - simultaneous solos.’
- ‘Participants must be experienced and comfortable climbing unroped with moderate exposure.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.