One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove the roof of.‘the wind was strong enough to uproot trees and unroof about 50 houses’
- ‘The damage ranges from a house being unroofed at St Mary's to trees being uprooted throughout the state.’
- ‘Our house was partially unroofed, the slates lay thick upon the ground.’
- ‘In the outer parts of the town there was a greater number of cabins completely unroofed and rendered uninhabitable.’
- ‘Only 12 houses in the town of 3500 residents survived being blown flat or unroofed, and damage was also widespread in Cairns, Babinda, and on the Atherton Tableland.’
- ‘It was accompanied by a rapid temperature drop, and a squally wind change strong enough to uproot trees and unroof about 50 houses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.