One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove the roof of.‘the wind was strong enough to uproot trees and unroof about 50 houses’
- ‘The damage ranges from a house being unroofed at St Mary's to trees being uprooted throughout the state.’
- ‘Our house was partially unroofed, the slates lay thick upon the ground.’
- ‘In the outer parts of the town there was a greater number of cabins completely unroofed and rendered uninhabitable.’
- ‘It was accompanied by a rapid temperature drop, and a squally wind change strong enough to uproot trees and unroof about 50 houses.’
- ‘Only 12 houses in the town of 3500 residents survived being blown flat or unroofed, and damage was also widespread in Cairns, Babinda, and on the Atherton Tableland.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.