One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verbunriveted, unriveting, unrivets[with object]rare
Undo, unfasten, or detach by the removal of rivets.
- ‘He unriveted the rear stays, shortened the beam and re-riveted the rear stays on at a radically different angle.’
- ‘If the shaft breaks, another one cannot be introduced between the plates without unriveting the plates.’
- ‘The spare disc is quite cheap if you buy it on its own, but then you have to unrivet the old one and bolt it on.’
- ‘The car stopped and I began to unrivet the rivets holding in the tire.’
- ‘Why the heck would you care to unrivet the whole damn case and paint a bunch of spaces you will never see?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.