One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not able to be ridden.
- ‘I loved the confidence with which I could let go of the brakes on tight, rocky singletrack descents; the bike always got me through everything, no matter how unrideable it looked on the approach.’
- ‘The waves were thrilling to watch but bordered on unrideable at times as they feathered from way out on the second and third reefs.’
- ‘A true tsunami, spun up out of a sea-quake, is unpredictable and almost certainly unrideable.’
- ‘Just suggesting a rider buy a different frame without knowing what to change may have a rider wind up with another unrideable frame.’
- ‘This ride starts with a 2,100 foot climb, the majority of which is unrideable and thus defeats the whole purpose of mountain biking.’
- ‘Close out - when waves break all the way across a bay or normally safe channel rendering a surf spot unridable (because surfers can't paddle-out to the lineup.)’
- ‘There are some very talented riders that specialise in problem horses and they can show you some wonderful success stories with horses that had been ‘written-off’ as unridable.’
- ‘There is no point getting to the show and having the horse flip his lid and having them be unridable, and then trying to ask them to do something.’
- ‘If you encounter stretches of unrideable trail on a regular basis, owning a bike that's comfortable to shoulder isn't a luxury, it's a necessity.’
- ‘We rode hard into the afternoon, navigating along logging roads until we found an unrideable trail that we hiked up with our bikes and came to a set of beautiful lakes.’
- ‘In the cycling version, competitors have to run the unrideable sections with their bike slung over their shoulder.’
- ‘As with their unsuccessful ZX7 in the World Superbike series, the ZXRR apparently produces plenty of power but is limited by a primitive chassis which makes the bike nearly unrideable.’
- ‘I passed row after row of ice-ridden plush toys and display bicycles from 1992 or so, which by today's standards would have been considered unsafe and unrideable.’
- ‘Conditions were heinous, the largely off-trail section proving unrideable due to dense forest, boggy peat, streams, briars, bushes and steep gradients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.