One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Solve; explain.‘a great secret could be embedded in these tales, so that a reader could unriddle it between the lines’
- ‘There were regular interpreters in attendance, who made considerable sums out of the recipients by expounding and unriddling these oracles.’
- ‘The scientist might search out answers, but the artist did not unriddle the world.’
- ‘Even if the secret is there to be unriddled, it's scarcely likely to mean much to humanity.’
- ‘The audience, like the other characters, can sometimes unriddle these enigmatic utterances, sometimes not.’
- ‘While the Crusaders had to unriddle the unfamiliar customs that kept women of the Middle East in seclusion, the women they left behind in charge of their estates revelled in an unaccustomed independence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.