One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As the water gradually heats up, the frog will sink into a tranquil stupor, exactly like one of us in a hot bath, and before long, with a smile on its face, it will unresistingly allow itself to be boiled to death.’
- ‘And when she was done, she took his hands unresistingly and pulled him into her irresistible embrace.’
- ‘While all three are unresistingly catchy, one should not get caught up in Björk lyrics because they are more about feeling than meaning.’
- ‘Englishmen would then die unresistingly, and they would go down in history as heroes of nonviolence.’
- ‘It's what you've been groomed for, what you've been set up for, what you've been trained to believe unresistingly for all this time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.