One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not done or said again.‘both feats remain unrepeated by anybody’‘any information given to you is best left unrepeated’
- ‘The two plan to retrace an unrepeated first ascent claimed 45 years ago.’
- ‘This direct control, which effectively guaranteed the security of investments in everything from railroads to factories, permitted an unprecedented and unrepeated flow of capital from the First to the Third World.’
- ‘This book surveys a period of forty years or so (1890-1930) which embraces a concentration of talent unprecedented (and perhaps unrepeated) except by Campion, Dowland and Co three hundred years earlier.’
- ‘Both memorable and unrepeated in entertainment, it has remained unique ... until now.’
- ‘In this case, some things are best left unrepeated.’
- ‘The men's feat would go unrepeated for decades.’
- ‘Not only did Attila savage much of Europe in a manner unrepeated for centuries, but the battle acquired a reputation for carnage almost immediately.’
- ‘She publicized her fury at the government with a rebuke unprecedented and unrepeated in the history of the British constitutional monarchy.’
- ‘Perret considers this dispatch an anomaly: "It stands alone, unsupported, unrepeated."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.