One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lacking feelings of regret or guilt.‘if defendants appear smug or unremorseful on the stand, it can hurt them’
impenitent, unrepenting, uncontrite, remorseless, shameless, unashamed, unblushing, unapologetic, unregenerate, obdurate, unabashedView synonyms
- ‘He grunted in agonizing pain, and looked at the unremorseful Ryuko with malice and hate in his formerly emotionless eyes.’
- ‘Sidney, the man who's unremorseful, is also a man without friends - he doesn't understand about friendship - and that's something else that Kelvin is trying to teach him.’
- ‘Adrian struck me as arrogant, flippant, evasive, defensive and unremorseful.’
- ‘It was just like him to be so unremorseful about it.’
- ‘And he seemed defiant and unrepentant and unremorseful, in their words.’
- ‘A client is caught with his or her hands in the cookie jar (or beats his wife, or makes racist comments) and is unremorseful.’
- ‘But the lake was more menacing; water was a barrier to most magic, a thing not easily controlled or understood, a void that could swallow even a great wizard in a single, unremorseful gulp.’
- ‘They were twisted, grotesque things, as if conceived by the maddest of artist, or most unremorseful of psychopaths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.