One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Tense.‘I look tired and unrelaxed’
awkward, uneasy, uncomfortable, self-conscious, out of place, unnatural, inhibited, gauche, strainedView synonyms
- ‘That's how we walked, completely unrelaxed, a zombie-like walk.’
- ‘Alex, who rides at home, expressed his concern that I looked somewhat unrelaxed but we did not go faster than a walk and I found riding a particularly enjoyable way of absorbing the landscape.’
- ‘‘Galleries are often hushed spaces where people feel slightly unrelaxed,’ she says.’
- ‘I stared at the ceiling, feeling completely unrelaxed.’
- ‘But now I know that after a few days of ‘treatments’ I get itchy, blotchy, irritable and acutely unrelaxed.’
- ‘The report added for good measure that Australian officials regarded him as unrelaxed, overfocused on China and difficult.’
- ‘The ones that worried me most were the negative things that said, ‘He's kind of pompous, he's very stiff and very unrelaxed and un-Australian.’’
- ‘In this state they are frenetic, unrelaxed and prone to bad judgment, caught up in the hysteria of the moment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.