One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not corrected or compensated for.‘unredressed grievances and protests’
- ‘Chief among the grievances I identify as providing primary justifying grounds for secession are these: persistent and serious violations of individual human rights and past unredressed unjust seizure of territory.’
- ‘A wrong is unredressed when retribution overtakes its redresser.’
- ‘However, it may be thought that unredressed torts would be regarded as a canker in society, and to that extent the law can still be regarded as having a pacificatory aim.’
- ‘Most people want international law to be applied fairly and consistently, and understand that at the root of much of the conflict in the world lies unredressed injustice.’
- ‘Every nation that carries in its bosom great and unredressed injustice has in it the elements of this last convulsion.’
- ‘The truth about the dimensions of the Nazis' massive theft of property, the use of forced labour and unredressed injustices to millions has bubbled to the surface.’
- ‘Rather than allow such a gross piece of dishonesty to go unredressed the Court would struggle with any amount of difficulties in order to perform the agreement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.