One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that does not show a sensible and practical idea of what can be achieved or expected.as submodifier ‘unrealistically optimistic plans’sentence adverb ‘what she wanted, perhaps unrealistically, was for him to come home’
- ‘Making a game unrealistically difficult will only frustrate a player.’
- ‘Rhetorical arguments, often unrealistically extreme, hold sway.’
- ‘The project was probably doomed on the drawing board by an unrealistically ambitious plan.’
- ‘Forecasts of its demise are based on unrealistically low economic growth estimates.’
- ‘In a panel depicting Saint John in the Desert, logical proportion and perspective are disregarded, and colour is limited, unrealistically, to red and green.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.