One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The state of national unreadiness for the long-predicted onset of hurricane-season activity has been bluntly reported as the outcome of the exercise put on at the office of the National Emergency Management Authority (Nema).’
- ‘They had so little chance of success I didn't need to worry about their unreadiness for political life.’
- ‘We maintained our position for some time for fear of people's unreadiness for the direct presidential election.’
- ‘If critics are right and the plan was to use £500,000 of Scottish taxpayers' funds secure in the knowledge that Ireland's unreadiness would scupper our chances, it worked perfectly.’
- ‘However, the UK's unreadiness for Mexican sounds was summed up by their appearance in a near-empty tent at the 2000 Reading festival.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.