One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I don't have a lot of time for any politicians outside of Tony Benn,’ he began, unpromisingly.’
- ‘The book starts unpromisingly: ‘Despite all the interviews, reviews and analysis, The Fall still defies explanation.’’
- ‘‘Equality first’ it is somewhat unpromisingly titled.’
- ‘The town was badly damaged by Allied bombing during the Second World War, and Andrea's restaurant sits, rather unpromisingly, on top of a concrete block in the rebuilt port.’
- ‘Our initial meeting begins unpromisingly with an apology: ‘Erm, I've just got to go and write down a few ideas I was thinking of on the way over here,’ and then he disappears round the corner of the bar to find a quiet spot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.