One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There are also qualities about the sport, like unselfishness and unpretentiousness, that distinguish it from flashier rivals’.’
- ‘Referring to the beauty of Morocco, he said: ‘There is a certain ruggedness and total unpretentiousness about the place which really attracts me.’’
- ‘Part of what I like about Spider-Man is that despite its staggering budget and daunting market clout, it stays in touch with the unpretentiousness of the source material.’
- ‘Although people of various body types identify as bears (the moniker refers to their more-than-passing resemblance to the hirsute forest dwellers), they're all connected by a shared attitude of unpretentiousness and brotherhood.’
- ‘He endeared himself to all of them by his utter sincerity and unpretentiousness, his extreme modesty, his engaging humour…, his faithfulness…’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.