One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a medicine) not prescribed or recommended by a medical practitioner.‘taking unprescribed pills or medicines could harm your baby’
- ‘The inquest at Colchester town hall yesterday heard from David Munson, who was staying with him at the time and said he had watched his friend take nearly 180 mg of methadone in unprescribed tablets during the course of the day.’
- ‘All women can benefit from early advice on good nutrition, as well as about the importance of stopping risky behaviors, especially smoking, drinking alcohol and taking unprescribed drugs.’
- ‘York men seeking a sexual thrill could be risking serious illness or even death by using unprescribed pills, detectives warned today.’
- ‘When a blood test by Dean on his father revealed traces of unprescribed sedatives he called in the police.’
- ‘About 50% of the population use alternative medicine, that's unprescribed over-the-counter medicine, and about 20% of the population have been to an alternative practitioner in the last year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.