One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state or condition of not being liked or popular.‘the growing unpopularity of the war’‘his unpopularity among his subjects made him fear for his life’
- ‘There was something admirable about his optimism, in view of the company's rampant unpopularity.’
- ‘He always addresses the important issues in the field, regardless of their difficulty or unpopularity.’
- ‘There are various explanations for their lack of success, of which the most obvious is their unpopularity.’
- ‘The general election was an unpopularity contest in which the least disliked man won.’
- ‘His marriage to Henrietta Maria added to his unpopularity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.