Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- rare term for impolitic
- ‘But as Perlstein makes clear, fate was greatly aided by some of Goldwater's very unpolitic conduct and by the dummies who got control of his campaign in 1964 and chased off and frustrated all the smarties in his organization.’
- ‘The point is raised again later, apropos the unpolitic word ‘Demut’.’
- ‘In the contemporary talk of Pakeha the idea of Maori as a national group is unpolitic and raises difficult questions about Maori sovereignty and the status of Pakeha.’
- ‘All too often, Keyes comes across as almost-disturbingly unpolitic.’
- ‘Probing questions are exactly what DoD needs, no matter how unpolitic they may be.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.