One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sense of inner pain, discomfort, or anxiety which results from the blocking of an instinctual impulse by the ego.
- ‘She also connotes something that the look continually circles around but disavows: her lack of a penis, implying a threat of castration and hence unpleasure.’
- ‘As a result, one must route through or around unpleasure in order to ‘avoid’ it.’
- ‘It is a complex set of strategies for transforming submissiveness, pain, and unpleasure into sexual pleasure’.’
- ‘First, the notions of pleasure and unpleasure are treated as feelings that originated in the organism from within, not in relation to the external world stimuli.’
- ‘Each categorical affect has a range encompassed within it, and some include both pleasure and unpleasure in that range.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.