One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not plausible.‘a speculative but not entirely unplausible hypothesis’
- ‘Despite a persistence of unplausible actions, such as boat-jacking and the mysterious parachute disappearance, this is a video-game after all.’
- ‘The suggestion here is that you cannot ‘do that ie. the preparation of the state will create the ‘right environment (at least that is how I understand it), but this argument seems very unplausible to me (this comes close to non-local conspiracy theories).’’
- ‘The more unplausible the event the more it will hurt you.’
- ‘We struggled to find anything remotely appealing, settling on a whisky and oatmeal parfait, because it came with ‘winter berries’ which sounded tart and refreshing, if unplausible.’
- ‘So the story has it, but it doesn't strike me as unplausible; musicians can be utterly unserious people right up to the moment they pick up the instrument and produce something absolutely heartfelt and true.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.