Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not planned.‘an unplanned pregnancy’
unmethodical, uncoordinated, undirected, disorganized, unarranged, unplanned, unpremeditated, indiscriminateView synonyms
- ‘Do you ever find yourself, on the spur of the moment and completely unplanned, revealing a fairly private fact about your life or your past?’
- ‘Many would argue that the main reason why young women have unplanned pregnancies is the lack of sex education in schools.’
- ‘It's a question of how you use periods of unplanned solitude.’
- ‘The largely unplanned growth of the city, marked by a surge of high rises, has added to the throw-away culture.’
- ‘The overall impression is that the town has grown along the waterside in a totally unplanned and chaotic manner.’
- ‘Most of my coaching these days of staff is informal and unplanned.’
- ‘I will never be able to justify what I did, irrespective of the circumstances surrounding the unplanned pregnancy.’
- ‘He much preferred to spend his life in random chunks of unplanned accidents and mistakes.’
- ‘Having set the dynamic design in motion He is not now subject to unplanned or unpredicted random events.’
- ‘I know how scary an unplanned pregnancy is, as my son was conceived when I was 17.’
- ‘Improved education would help women avoid unplanned pregnancy but could not eliminate the need for safe, legal abortion.’
- ‘In every case the prospective mother's happiness or well-being has been put at stake by unplanned pregnancy.’
- ‘They may also be influenced by government, which seems to see termination as the obvious solution to an unplanned pregnancy.’
- ‘A military euphemism for unplanned casualties, such as UN officials or Afghan refugees.’
- ‘The day is quite unplanned as usual, the only thing that was planned got cancelled a while back.’
- ‘The term casualty refers to any unplanned subtraction from a force's fighting strength.’
- ‘She says the pregnancies, by two different fathers, were unplanned and happened when contraception failed.’
- ‘The first half is unplanned, while the second half features some impromptu sketches and a few guest appearances.’
- ‘Be it Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad or any of the state capitals, development is lopsided and unplanned.’
- ‘Reports on nuclear accidents and any unplanned discharges of nuclear material are likely to be the subject of public applications.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.