One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having no pigmentation or colour.‘unpigmented skin’
- ‘The company's line includes precast countertops in 16 natural, unpigmented base tones and 11 pigmented colors, but numerous custom color combinations are available.’
- ‘He's got that unpigmented white hair.’
- ‘These products help to exfoliate the outer, pigmented layer of dead-skin cells, so fresh, unpigmented skin can shine through.’
- ‘The alternative explanation is that the reported tumors were unpigmented because they arose after cessation of the drug.’
- ‘Tadpoles living in oxygen-poor habitats are sometimes bright red as a result of blood flow close to the surface of their unpigmented skin.’
- ‘This means that the 20 to 70 large, unpigmented eggs laid by females develop directly into miniature froglets without passing through a larval stage.’
- ‘In all of these cases the borders between pigmented and unpigmented were relatively sharp.’
- ‘Sealing layers might consist of no more than an application of glue size or of an unpigmented layer of drying oil.’
- ‘Otherwise, unpigmented, exposed concrete dominates the interior.’
- ‘During the first few months of infancy appear fine, short, unpigmented hairs called down hair, or vellus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.