Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having no pigmentation or colour.‘unpigmented skin’
- ‘Otherwise, unpigmented, exposed concrete dominates the interior.’
- ‘The alternative explanation is that the reported tumors were unpigmented because they arose after cessation of the drug.’
- ‘These products help to exfoliate the outer, pigmented layer of dead-skin cells, so fresh, unpigmented skin can shine through.’
- ‘He's got that unpigmented white hair.’
- ‘During the first few months of infancy appear fine, short, unpigmented hairs called down hair, or vellus.’
- ‘In all of these cases the borders between pigmented and unpigmented were relatively sharp.’
- ‘Tadpoles living in oxygen-poor habitats are sometimes bright red as a result of blood flow close to the surface of their unpigmented skin.’
- ‘Sealing layers might consist of no more than an application of glue size or of an unpigmented layer of drying oil.’
- ‘This means that the 20 to 70 large, unpigmented eggs laid by females develop directly into miniature froglets without passing through a larval stage.’
- ‘The company's line includes precast countertops in 16 natural, unpigmented base tones and 11 pigmented colors, but numerous custom color combinations are available.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.