One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not in accordance with the laws or principles of physics; not corresponding to a physically possible situation.‘an entirely unphysical process of waves was generated at the pond's periphery which subsequently converged to the central point’
- ‘A secondary buffer region surrounding the primary region is used to protect the primary region from possible effects (such as unphysical heating) due to small length-scale errors in the interpolated structure.’
- ‘As a boy, resolutely unphysical, I supposed I should exercise in order to get girls.’
- ‘As evident from the figure, it is possible to fit reflectivities with unphysical profiles.’
- ‘But the one thing I will not stand for is this sense that online communities are somehow inauthentic because they are unphysical - or that the truncation in social ‘signal’ somehow reduces them down to a point of uselessness or redundancy.’
- ‘The delicacy and transparency of the material refers to the unphysical, abstracted nature of modern human existence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.