Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not in accordance with the laws or principles of physics; not corresponding to a physically possible situation.‘an entirely unphysical process of waves was generated at the pond's periphery which subsequently converged to the central point’
- ‘But the one thing I will not stand for is this sense that online communities are somehow inauthentic because they are unphysical - or that the truncation in social ‘signal’ somehow reduces them down to a point of uselessness or redundancy.’
- ‘As a boy, resolutely unphysical, I supposed I should exercise in order to get girls.’
- ‘As evident from the figure, it is possible to fit reflectivities with unphysical profiles.’
- ‘A secondary buffer region surrounding the primary region is used to protect the primary region from possible effects (such as unphysical heating) due to small length-scale errors in the interpolated structure.’
- ‘The delicacy and transparency of the material refers to the unphysical, abstracted nature of modern human existence.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.