One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And the filmmakers' willingness to provide love and money in a tidy package is why this film's sweetness ultimately and unpalatably overwhelms its bitterness.’
- ‘From Dr. Johnson to Winston Churchill, it is the idiosyncratic individual who stirs their imagination, not some unpalatably abstract truth.’
- ‘One is undeniably sweet, the other unpalatably bitter.’
- ‘This time, however, despite taking an age to arrive, it was unpalatably lukewarm, while the edges of the brioche were charred black.’
- ‘Gil always manages to go that one step further, sometimes becoming unpalatably personal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.