One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mr. Harter gave ever with discrimination, but he also gave with a degree of unostentatiousness amounting almost to secrecy.’
- ‘Most heart-warming of the tributes speak of his unfailing courtesy and kindness, his unostentatiousness without being theatrically ` poor ’, his lifelong respect for the Legislative Assembly and its rules and conventions.’
- ‘The homeliness and unostentatiousness of the middle class American were captivating.’
- ‘But the poetry's simplicity and unostentatiousness attract the heart like a God-given beauty: its natural excellence does the work of thousands of adornments.’
- ‘And yet, reading her obituary, I was surprised to find myself feeling that hers was a life lived with integrity and unostentatiousness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.