One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not having been ordained as a priest or minister.‘they are as ardent as any unordained Christian’
- ‘John Taylor, an unordained pastor working at a Bible Society shantytown, accompanied them and was appointed by the government as their agent.’
- ‘Unprecedented numbers were joining the ranks of the church's vowed celibates (priests, unordained brothers and nuns) to staff this vast infrastructure.’
- ‘On such occasions my unease has been all the more apparent because these unordained ministers do not share it.’
- ‘One unordained woman minister expressed gratitude that she had never been ordained.’
- ‘That is at least partly because in the earlier Middle Ages literacy was largely a prerogative of the Church - including not only the clergy of all ranks but many unordained monks and nuns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.