One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not having been ordained as a priest or minister.‘they are as ardent as any unordained Christian’
- ‘John Taylor, an unordained pastor working at a Bible Society shantytown, accompanied them and was appointed by the government as their agent.’
- ‘That is at least partly because in the earlier Middle Ages literacy was largely a prerogative of the Church - including not only the clergy of all ranks but many unordained monks and nuns.’
- ‘One unordained woman minister expressed gratitude that she had never been ordained.’
- ‘On such occasions my unease has been all the more apparent because these unordained ministers do not share it.’
- ‘Unprecedented numbers were joining the ranks of the church's vowed celibates (priests, unordained brothers and nuns) to staff this vast infrastructure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.