One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Owen also provides plenty of poignancy, and does so with admirable unobtrusiveness.’
- ‘But keepers of the Coldplay and Travis flames will warm to its inoffensiveness, its unobtrusiveness and its lack of challenge.’
- ‘Don Corleone is a technicolour character who lives life with a blend of unobtrusiveness and swagger.’
- ‘William Ivey Long's dress for Miss Gien is a simple, beige, loose-fitting second skin; Larry Moss has directed with similar unobtrusiveness.’
- ‘Maybe unobtrusiveness was what Gray was going for, but it is possible to be understated without being monotonous.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.