One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions; biased.‘a very unscientific panel of unobjective readers’‘he's not as good as all his adoring, unobjective fans seem to think he is’‘I found nothing at all unobjective about the analysis’
biased, bigoted, discriminatory, partisan, partial, one-sided, jaundiced, intolerant, narrow-minded, unfair, unjust, inequitable, non-objective, blinkered, parti pris, coloured, distorted, warped, loaded, weightedView synonyms
- ‘As an unobjective observer, who is sometimes very critical of my husband, he has done a phenomenal job.’
- ‘Unobjective egotism aside, the irony is delightful.’
- ‘I tend to view advice given to me by friends and family as biased or at least unobjective.’
- ‘Allegory in itself is far too unobjective for art.’
- ‘People may sometimes criticize the officials in unobjective, inaccurate and unfair ways.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.