One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of wine) not matured in an oak container.
- ‘Made in a fantastic year for white Burgundy, this organically-farmed Chardonnay is what great unoaked Chablis should be all about.’
- ‘His philosophy is to make elegant, clean, unoaked wines that, in his words, do not slip into vulgarity.’
- ‘This zesty, medium-bodied, unoaked Semillon is a lovely, honeysuckle-scented delight.’
- ‘One trend that emerged in the late 1990s was unoaked Chardonnay.’
- ‘This is a one-dimensional unoaked wine that will hit the spot for most drinkers. 6/10 Available at Morrisons, Waitrose, Co-op and Asda’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.