One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of wine) not matured in an oak container.
- ‘One trend that emerged in the late 1990s was unoaked Chardonnay.’
- ‘Made in a fantastic year for white Burgundy, this organically-farmed Chardonnay is what great unoaked Chablis should be all about.’
- ‘This is a one-dimensional unoaked wine that will hit the spot for most drinkers. 6/10 Available at Morrisons, Waitrose, Co-op and Asda’
- ‘This zesty, medium-bodied, unoaked Semillon is a lovely, honeysuckle-scented delight.’
- ‘His philosophy is to make elegant, clean, unoaked wines that, in his words, do not slip into vulgarity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.