One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not noticed or remarked upon.‘protests went unnoted by the media’‘the music of hitherto unnoted places’
- ‘One celebration that should not pass unnoted occurred at the 92nd Street Y over a recent weekend.’
- ‘This amendment almost went unnoted.’
- ‘The video stayed up for a month and went relatively unnoted, with only about 3,000 views.’
- ‘How could your reviewer let the writer's stilted portrayal go unnoted?’
- ‘It is worth interrupting the chronicle to draw attention to a hitherto unnoted irony in a political career in which ironies instructively abound.’
- ‘Left unnoted are the political pressures on the administration to do the right thing, which are also substantial.’
- ‘Almost unnoted, however, was the opposition of one Democratic senator, West Virginia's Robert Byrd, and eight Democratic Congressmen.’
- ‘Largely unnoted amid the sound and fury are several peace overtures in the White Paper.’
- ‘Unnoted by the anti-union forces, however, was the fact that the industrial labor movement itself had become bitterly divided by the summer of 1942.’
- ‘Isn't this, too, a massive intelligence failure, even if massively unnoted by the media?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.