One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not mutilated.‘few clean and unmutilated specimens turn up’
whole, entire, complete, unbroken, undamaged, unharmed, uninjured, unimpaired, unflawed, faultless, flawless, unscathed, untouched, unspoilt, unsevered, unblemished, unmarred, unmarked, perfect, pristine, inviolate, unviolated, undefiled, unsullied, in one pieceView synonyms
- ‘Kodak pays Target US30¢ for each unmutilated shell.’
- ‘But I'm content to let the language remain unmutilated and assume that right-thinking people remember all that.’
- ‘Waving an unmutilated flag on stage would have been lovely.’
- ‘The studio was empty, the couch and the bed gone, the screen taken away, but the place was otherwise unmutilated.’
- ‘Thus, if the tip were removed from a leaf of A. viridis and a half-lamina were then treated as if unmutilated, B would inevitably be increased and x could fall below 1.’
- ‘Growing up unmutilated in Africa - investigating the problems and consequences of female genital mutilation common in some African societies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.