One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not mutilated.‘few clean and unmutilated specimens turn up’
whole, entire, complete, unbroken, undamaged, unharmed, uninjured, unimpaired, unflawed, faultless, flawless, unscathed, untouched, unspoilt, unsevered, unblemished, unmarred, unmarked, perfect, pristine, inviolate, unviolated, undefiled, unsullied, in one pieceView synonyms
- ‘Kodak pays Target US30¢ for each unmutilated shell.’
- ‘Waving an unmutilated flag on stage would have been lovely.’
- ‘But I'm content to let the language remain unmutilated and assume that right-thinking people remember all that.’
- ‘Growing up unmutilated in Africa - investigating the problems and consequences of female genital mutilation common in some African societies.’
- ‘Thus, if the tip were removed from a leaf of A. viridis and a half-lamina were then treated as if unmutilated, B would inevitably be increased and x could fall below 1.’
- ‘The studio was empty, the couch and the bed gone, the screen taken away, but the place was otherwise unmutilated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.