Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not mounted:‘a collection of 34 unmounted intaglios’
- ‘Enjoy this collection of unmounted rubber stamp images designed specifically for collage including large maps and background stamps, tea labels, postcards, perfume labels, borders, music, texts, design elements and more.’
- ‘The Chaparral Fire Unit may be used either carrier mounted or unmounted.’
- ‘So these followers only came from mounted hunts; they did not come from unmounted hunts, which would be a third of the sample in theory?’
- ‘Pictures can be black and white or in colour and should be mounted prints from adults and mounted or unmounted prints from children.’
- ‘It was found, unframed and unmounted in an album of drawings, by Sotheby's expert Julien Stock in 1999 during a routine inventory of artworks in the library at the Vanbrugh-designed stately home near York.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.